ORDERING THE VOTER GIRL PROJECT AFTER 2020 LWVUS CONVENTION
HOW DO I PURCHASE?
- Click here to go to a fillable pdf order form.
- Complete the form and download to sign and send.
- Then click here to complete a fillable pdf of the Licensing Agreement Terms and Conditions. Also download to sign and send.
- Send both forms with your check or money order to the address shown on the order form: LWV Kent,120 Forest Hill Dr, Munroe Falls, OH 44262.
- We will process and send your order once we have the payment and both forms.
VIDEO & POWERPOINT
VOTER GIRL PROJECT HAS ITS THIRD SUCCESSFUL EVENT WITH GIRL SCOUTS OF NORTHEAST OHIO
Leagues of Women Voters in Northeast Ohio hosted 268 Girl Scouts for the 2019 Voter Girl Project (#votergirl19) on Nov. 16. The Voter Girl Project (VGP) created by the League of Women Voters of Kent in 2017 as a collaborative program between LWV Kent (LWVK) and Girl Scouts of Northeast Ohio (GSNEO) Scouts. Voter Girl Projects have started in states from coast to coast. LWVK promoted the VGP at the LWVUS National Convention in June.
WHAT IS THE VOTER GIRL PROJECT?
The VOTER Girl Project is a fun and rewarding activity in which Leagues collaborate with their local Girl Scout councils. The one-day class is available for all scout levels--from Daisies to Ambassadors--with a curriculum appropriate for each level. (Ambassadors have work outside the class to complete the badge requirements.)
League members use their knowledge of voting and advocacy to help scouts earn citizenship badges that promote the ideals Leagues cherish.
A curriculum guide has been developed by teachers and communicators with backgrounds in diversity and elementary and higher education. You receive marketing materials and operation tips that have been tested.
Best of all, scouts bring to the event their curiosity and determination to learn. Your League develops a high-profile community event that draws interest from media, parents and public officials.
HOW DOES MY LEAGUE START ITS OWN VOTER GIRL PROJECT?
You can get started by purchasing a VOTER Girl Project license from the League of Women Voters of Kent. The license includes a package of files (on a flash drive) that includes all the information you need to plan and conduct your own successful VOTER Girl Project.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
The license fee is $150. With that investment, you can create a revenue stream for your League as you build a relationship with your local Girl Scout council and host the event each year. You can get a return on your investment in one year.
A State Leagues can purchase a license for all Leagues in its state for a one-time fee for $1,000.
WHAT DO I GET?
The purchase of a VOTER Girl Project license entitles you to the following:
- VOTER Girl curriculum for Daisies, Brownies, Juniors, Cadettes, Seniors and Ambassadors to earn citizenship badges
- Logos in formats for printing and for use online
- Artwork for a Girl Scout experience patch
- Tips for planning and running your VOTER Girl Project event
- Marketing materials you can adapt
Thank you for your interest!
CHECK OUT SOME PHOTOS FROM OUR VOTER GIRL PROJECTS!